Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Get Moving! {SOLC} March 26, 2015 #sol15

In this early morning, I can't stop thinking about exercise!  You see, I wake up early to do it and, even though I dread the alarm, I can't deny the impact it has on my mental and physical well-being!  

My exercise journey began back in high school. I used to go to Jazzercise with my mom when I was not in the sport season. Organized classes are still my favorite way to work out but not always possible now that I have a family and work full-time.  

For now, I use free online videos from fitness blender.com. Here is my routine:
5:25 AM. Wake Up!
5:35 AM. Stumble into the living room with my iPhone ready to find today's work-out.
5:37 AM begin my morning workout
6:20 AM complete my morning workout

Now, it's no secret that I could stand to lose a lot of weight. Recently, my oldest son asked me if I work out because I want to lose weight. I thought about it for a second and realize the reason I think I work out is to feel healthy. I recently had a back injury that is made my work out routine very inconsistent in the past month. This week, I have finally gotten back to my every day workout routine. I feel amazing! My mood is improved I feel less stressed and less irritable.  While it was frustrating during the time my workout was inconsistent, I do think that having that time lapse did give me some perspective on how important my morning workout routine is. I frequently have to tell myself to just get moving because I know once I start I will feel awesome!








4 comments:

  1. Good for you - I admire your persistence, your ability to wake up, and your wise musings about your purpose for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a post about this topic I'm thinking about writing. Congratulations on making it a habit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a post about this topic I'm thinking about writing. Congratulations on making it a habit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting into daily exercise needs to be my new habit. I'm going to check out Fitness Blender and then get to bed, so I can get up in the morning and start. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete